Do you see things in a different light ?
At FLIR Systems, we do. We’re the world’s largest producer of commercial thermal imaging systems and we are growing at a fast pace. Our ability to see in total darkness and through smoke, fog and other obscurants provides a unique capability to clients around the world.
FLIR Systems was established in 1978 in the USA to pioneer the development of high performance infrared imaging systems. Today, FLIR Systems is the world leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of thermal imaging systems for a wide variety of commercial, industrial and government applications. FLIR Systems is a high technological company traded on NASDAQ (“flir”) and employs worldwide about 3.500 employees.
FLIR Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) with HQ in Marke (Belgium) is revolutionizing how traffic flows on roadways throughout the world. Traffic managers use intelligent technology from FLIR ITS to monitor and manage traffic streams. Be it for monitoring motorists and pedestrians in urban areas, for detecting incidents on highways and in tunnels, or for traffic data collection, FLIR’s intelligent Video Detection and Monitoring Solutions enhance traffic safety and mobility on a daily basis. Taking full advantage of the unrivalled benefits of thermal imaging, FLIR ITS also contributes to increased safety and efficiency in public transportation. Our dedicated intelligent sensors for level crossing detection, platform safety, tunnel intrusion, fire detection, … help public transportation operators to take the necessary safety measures.
To further strengthen the Research & Development team in Marke (Belgium), FLIR ITS has a unique and exciting career opportunity available for a talented and experienced :
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer – R&D Hardware Team
Within the R&D Department, the Hardware Team is responsible for the development, validation and maintenance of both the mechanics and electronics of new innovative ITS products. After a training and introduction period you will be responsible for :
• Mechanical product hardware design from scratch with particular attention to continuous optimization of the mechanical development processes in close collaboration with all stakeholders across multiple functions (product management, logistics, purchasing, quality, production…).
• Translating product requirements into technical specifications.
• Creating, designing, developing, reviewing, testing, releasing and maintaining cost-effective high-quality in-house mechanical designs.
• Technical project coordination of outsourced developments with external design partners.
• Reviewing, testing and adjusting outsourced mechanical designs, making sure product specifications and applicable standards are met.
• Supervision of subcontracted production : taking care of proper product definition, preparation of mechanical design files for manufacturing, documentation, test infrastructure, manufacturability, startup and maintenance of production.
• You will report directly to the Team leader R&D Hardware.
• To qualify for this role you preferably have a Master or Bachelor in Mechanics, Product Design or related engineering discipline.
• You have a relevant experience as Mechanical Design or Project Engineer in a high technological and multidisciplinary R&D or Engineering environment with a strong knowledge of materials, design and production techniques and design for manufacturing and assembly.
• You are experienced in 3D CAD design and in creating and evaluating technical 2D drawings.
• Knowledge of design for injection moulding is a plus. Specific knowledge of coatings, adhesives and corrosion resisting and sealing solutions brings added value but is not mandatory.
• You have a strong sense of ownership and a high level of responsibility and commitment.
• You have strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
• You are accurate, self-driven and resourceful.
• You have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• You can work with subcontractors and remote teams and you are prepared for occasional interventions abroad.
• Experience in Solid Works and in Solid Works Enterprise PDM and knowledge of 3D Prototyping are a plus.
• You are fluent in English with ideally a good practical knowledge of Dutch.
Selected candidates can look forward to a competitive salary and other benefits in an expanding, dynamic and stimulating international work environment with attractive growth and development opportunities.
If you are interested : please click the ‘Apply’ button which will guide you through the application procedure.
Op zoek naar iets anders?
Zoek een andere vacature of registreer uw cv en blijf op de hoogte van passende vacatures.