Our client (HQ in Abuja, Nigeria) is part of a European group of investors with a strong expertise in logistics for semi-solid and liquefied hydrocarbon products in Africa.
The company operates state-of-the-art production facilities and is building and developing a large transportation fleet and a highly specialized logistic network and infrastructure to service demanding industrial customers all over Nigeria and West-Africa.
To further manage and develop the Logistics organization & Road Transport operations in Nigeria, the company is hiring an experienced and high-impact :
Expat Logistics & Road Transport Manager Nigeria
Oil & Gas - Energy - Process Industry
In this position you will be in charge of the Logistics department with a strong focus on managing, expanding and developing the road transport organization.
• You will be responsible for optimal delivery management and ensuring all KPI's and customer satisfaction goals are met.
• Other key responsibilities include : Fleet & Truck Operations Management, Maintenance & Spare Parts Management, Roads Survey and Routing Management, Drivers Management, Inventory and Filling Stations Management.
• You will ensure compliance with local and state regulatory agencies and maintain good working relationships with staff, clients, vendors and peers.
• Based on analysis of fleet operations and profitability you will be making reports and recommendations for continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
• You will establish and develop efficient relations with stakeholders at all levels in the organization : e.g. Production Plant, Operations Customer Sites, Purchasing.
• You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer of the company.
To qualify for this position you have a relevant and successful experience as expatriate Logistics, Supply Chain or Road Transport Manager, preferably in Africa.
• You have experience in Logistics and Fleet Management for a large fleet of trucks in an industrial and technical environment, ideally in the Oil & Gas, Process or related industries.
• Experience with tank trucks for liquefied gases or other liquids is considered an asset, including expertise in loading and unloading and refilling operations, especially for hazardous products.
• You have a solid background in Drivers and Truck Operations Management with experience in HSE management systems and policies.
• You are an excellent, determined and result oriented peoplemanager with strong decisionmaking skills, multi-cultural awareness and the ability to steer and control a large and diverse workforce.
• You are passionate about a global work environment and willing and able to adapt to another culture.
• You are prepared to live and work in Nigeria (Abuja) and to operate out of HQ in Abuja and the plant in Rivers State with regular travel in Nigeria and West-Africa.
Our client expects a long-term engagement to be expatriated.
In return the group offers an attractive income package with expatriate benefits and incentives according to your contribution to the ongoing development and success of the company.
If you are interested, we ask you to apply on-line by creating a profile and evaluating yourself on the skills and competencies that guarantee success in this position.
Marc Van Beethoven
Interviews and meetings will be organised on different locations in Europe & Africa.
Op zoek naar iets anders? Zoek een andere vacature of registreer uw cv en blijf op de hoogte van passende vacatures.