The European Panel Federation (EPF) is in search for an experienced and dynamic Technical Adviser to join our organisation. This is a newly created position reflecting our growing activity. If you have a solid technical background combined with excellent communication and organisational skills, please apply.
The European Panel Federation exists to give our members a strong, collective voice in responding to the political, economic and technical issues that impact our industry and the ability of our members to grow their businesses. Working with our members, we make the case for the industry as an integral part of the EU’s bio and circular economy, while championing high standards of wood-based panel manufacturers and their contribution to a greener, more sustainable economy.
EPF, the European Panel Federation, has members in more than 30 European countries and represents the manufacturers of particleboard, MDF, OSB, hardboard, softboard and plywood. The European wood-based panels industry has an annual turnover of about 25 billion euro, and creates over 100.000 jobs directly.
The offices of EPF are in the centre of Brussels, next to the inner ring road and by the Trône/Troon metro station.
As Technical Adviser, you will be an essential part of our cross-functional team, offering technical guidance and expertise to foster excellence in our projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, regulations, and technical advancements, offering guidance and insights to the team as needed.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and executing (EU-)projects (e.g. Ecorefibre, Cisuflo, Wood4Bauhaus), including research and analysis to support development and implementation.
- Prepare for and coordinate a variety of meetings, ensuring that agendas are set and all logistical aspects are in order.
- Provide administrative and content-related support to various task forces and working groups, keeping track of activities and progress.
- Act as a liaison for stakeholder relationships, supporting partnerships and serving as a primary point of contact.
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Director and report to the Managing Director.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in (biological, construction, industrial) engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Highly skilled in English (read, spoken and written), French and/or German and other languages are an added value.
- Technical expertise in industry-specific aspects, regulations, and advancements.
- Excellent communication and coordination abilities.
- Aptitude for research and analysis.
- You are a problem solver and initiator.
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Proficiency in project management.
- Strong organisational skills with a focus on attention to detail, enabling effective planning and precise execution of tasks.
- Willingness to travel abroad during the year.
What we offer:
- A full-time job with a permanent contract
- Competitive salary and benefits package:
- 20 days of vacation plus 14 compensation days
- Meal vouchers (8 euros)
- Pension fund
- Hospital insurance
- Paid commuting
- Opportunities for career growth.
- Engaging, dynamic and collaborative work environment.
You will join a small, energetic and flexible international team with a strong commitment to what EPF stands for. Currently 5 people who stand up for a more sustainable future for society that is economic, ecological and made for people:
- Clive Pinnington – Managing Director
- Kris Wijnendaele – Technical Director
- Orifjon Abidov – Senior Economist
- Alexis Kuhl – Climate & Environmental Adviser
- Isabelle Henin – Administration & Communications Officer
How to apply:
At the bottom of this vacancy advertisement, click the button short application or elaborate application and create a profile for yourself according to your skills and competences that guarantees success in this position.
We kindly request a cv and motivation letter. After uploading your documents, we will contact you promptly.
For additional information, please contact senior HR-consultant Torben Callens tel. 09 243 40 80 / email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
Looking for something else? Find another vacancy or register your CV and stay informed of suitable job opportunities.