Our client (HQ in Abuja, Nigeria) is part of a European group of investors with a strong expertise in logistics for semi-solid and liquefied hydrocarbon products in Africa.
The company operates state-of-the-art production facilities and is building and developing a large transportation fleet and a highly specialized logistic network and infrastructure to service demanding industrial customers all over Nigeria and West-Africa.
In view of the further expansion of its activities in Nigeria and West-Africa, the company has an exciting and long-term opportunity available for an experienced (expatriate) :
Business Development Manager West-Africa
Oil & Gas Industry – Energy - Logistics
• In this position you will be responsible for the achievement of the sales & marketing targets of the company in Nigeria and other West-African (ECOWAS) countries.
• You will coach and motivate your team of Regional Sales Managers in achieving a continuous growth and expansion of the business.
• It will be your role to establish a sales & marketing oriented organisation and develop a vision and strategies for market entry/penetration and business development.
• Together with your team you will explore market opportunities and potential new power supply projects in a wide range of industries, e.g. mining, transportation, steel, glass, paper, textile, cement, food processing etc.
• You will maintain excellent relations with external stakeholders : e.g. existing and prospective customers, financial institutions, investors, project developers, governmental authorities.
• You will attend market and industry related conferences and you will plan and execute seminars and give presentations at events that offer exposure to potential customers.
• Reporting directly to the CEO and the Managing Director of the company, you will provide market and sales planning information, forecasts and reports.
• To qualify for this position you have a proven successful (expatriate) experience in a relevant Business Development position, preferably in West-Africa.
• We are looking for a dynamic and high-impact candidate with a successful sales and trading experience in an industrial/technical environment with ideally a background in projects related to oil & gas, energy, power supply and/or logistics.
• You are strong in leading a large and diverse group of employees (expats and locals) towards the achievement of the company's objectives, strategy and vision.
• You are a competitive, flexible and resourceful professional with very good communication, networking and relationship management skills.
• You are open-minded, persuasive and able to deal with all levels at customer accounts.
• You have strong business acumen and a real commitment to achieving goals and results.
• You have excellent analytical, organizational and decisionmaking skills.
• You are fluent in English and French.
• You are passionate about a global work environment and willing and able to adapt to another culture.
• You are prepared to live and work in Nigeria (Abuja) with frequent travel in West-Africa and regular visits to the group offices in Europe.
Notre client attend un engagement à long terme sous un statut d’expatrié.
En échange, le groupe offre un package de rémunération attrayant avec des avantages liés à l’expatriation et des incitants proportionnels à votre contribution au développement et au succès en cours de la société.
How to react?
If you are interested, we ask you to apply on-line by creating a profile and evaluating yourself on the skills and competencies that guarantee success in this position.
Marc Van Beethoven
Interviews and meetings will be organised on different locations in Europe & Africa.
Looking for something else? Find another vacancy or register your CV and stay informed of suitable job opportunities.