The procedure for this project has already been terminated. You can take a look at our current offer by using the jobfinder.
Our client (HQ in Abuja, Nigeria) is part of a European group of investors with a strong expertise in logistics for semi-solid and liquefied hydrocarbon products in Africa.
The company operates state-of-the-art production facilities and is building and developing a large transportation fleet and a highly specialized logistic network and infrastructure to service demanding industrial customers all over Nigeria and West-Africa.
To further manage, streamline and develop the company, the group has an exciting and unique long-term opportunity available for an :
Expat Chief Executive Officer Nigeria
Oil & Gas Industry & Logistics
• In this position you will be responsible for the P&L and for the day-to-day management and operational excellence of the company in Nigeria.
• You will focus on the development of management processes and procedures, ensuring the successful execution of the strategic initiatives in the business plan in accordance with the group's objectives.
• As head of the management team you will establish and foster a motivating and performance-oriented company culture and you will strengthen and elevate effectiveness and efficiency in staffing, structure and organization.
• Reporting directly to the Board (Nigeria/Europe) you will translate strategic plans in an annual budget and operating plan.
• You will fulfill the priorities determined by the Board in the context of the company's operational and strategic objectives with a view to increase shareholder value.
• You will maintain excellent relations with external stakeholders : e.g. customers, suppliers, financial institutions, local and governmental authorities.
• Together with your management team you will drive the continuous growth and expansion of the business in Nigeria and West-Africa.
• To qualify for this position you have a higher degree in Engineering or Business Administration/Management and a proven successful experience in a relevant expatriate General or Senior Executive Management capacity, preferably in Africa.
• You have experience in an industrial/technical environment (e.g. production, manufacturing) with ideally a background in the Oil & Gas or related industries.
• You are strong in leading a large and diverse group of employees (expats and locals) towards the achievement of the company's objectives, strategy and vision.
• You are an authentic and charismatic high-impact leader with a strong and engaging personality and excellent communication and people-management skills.
• You are a result driven and highly committed person combining strong business acumen with high ethical standards and personal integrity.
• You have excellent analytical, organizational and decision making skills.
• You are passionate about a global work environment and willing and able to adapt to another culture.
• You are prepared to live and work in Nigeria (Abuja) with frequent travel in West-Africa and regular visits to the group offices in Europe.
Our client expects a long-term engagement to be expatriated.
In return the group offers an attractive income package with expatriate benefits and incentives according to your contribution to the ongoing development and success of the company.
How to react?
If you are interested, we ask you to apply on-line by creating a profile and evaluating yourself on the skills and competencies that guarantee success in this position.
Marc Van Beethoven
Looking for something else? Find another vacancy or register your CV and stay informed of suitable job opportunities.