Our client Teledyne FLIR designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes technologies that enhance perception and awareness. Teledyne FLIR brings innovative sensing solutions into daily life through thermal imaging, visible-light imaging, video analytics, measurement and diagnostic, and advanced threat detection systems. Teledyne FLIR offers a diversified portfolio that serves a number of applications in government & defense, industrial, and commercial markets. Today the company is part of Teledyne Technologies Inc. (NYSE:TDY) world leader in enabling technologies to sense, transmit and analyze information for industrial growth markets, employing worldwide around 11.000 employees.
FLIR's intelligent and high performance thermal cameras for Industrial Automation, R&D and Science are designed for a wide range of applications in e.g. Condition Monitoring, Predictive Maintenance, Electrical & Mechanical Inspection, Non Destructive Testing, Material & Electronics Testing, Spectral Analysis, Utilities and Process & Quality Assurance Monitoring.
To further strengthen the Global Technical Support team for the FLIR Industrial Automation, R&D and Science lines of business, Teledyne FLIR has an exciting career opportunity available for a talented and experienced :
Technical Support Engineer US & Canada
Intelligent Cameras for Industrial Automation, R&D and Science
Operating out of Niceville (Florida) or Hudson (New Hampshire)
Key purpose of your role is to deliver post-sales evaluation, support, troubleshooting, commissioning and training for FLIR's Industrial Automation, R&D and Science solutions for customers throughout the US & Canada, including regular travel to customer sites. Your Key Responsibilities include :
• Providing remote and on-site application & product support to customers as well as internal teams.
• Collaborating with internal technical support teams on troubleshooting and resolving cases to ensure customer satisfaction in alignment with company goals.
• Providing regular updates and progress reports, creating and updating documentation and knowledge base articles and interacting with product engineering on issues that have been identified.
• Accomplishing work assignments in accordance with ISO 9001 and corporate Global Trade Compliance policies.
• Exchanging customer feeback with your colleagues in view of continuous product- & service improvement.
• Reporting directly to the Senior Manager Global Technical Support.
• To qualify for this position you have a technical degree in Electronics, Information & Computer technology or similar with a relevant and successful experience in technical support as Project-, Service- or Application Engineer, preferably in a multidisciplinary high-technological environment. • Knowledge of camera systems and installations (incl. servers and network equipment) is an advantage but not a requirement. • You ideally have a good basic understanding of current Linux OS and Windows platforms. • You are a mature, reliable and customer focused professional with a high level of autonomy, a strong sense of ownership and real commitment. • You are a well organized and result-oriented self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.• This customer-focused role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. • You are fluent in English (verbal & written) with knowledge of other languages as a plus. • You are prepared to travel to customer sites up to 25-30 % of your time for periods of approx. 2-3 days per trip. • You are able to operate out of the Teledyne FLIR offices in Niceville (Florida) or Hudson (New Hampshire) with flexibility to work remotely from your home office a couple of days per week.
Teledyne FLIR offers a competitive salary with bonus and other benefits in an expanding, dynamic and stimulating international work environment with attractive growth and development opportunities.
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
Teledyne FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
How to react?
If you are interested, we ask you to apply on-line by creating a profile and evaluating yourself on the skills and competencies that guarantee success in this position.
Marc Van Beethoven
Looking for something else? Find another vacancy or register your CV and stay informed of suitable job opportunities.